I made a very tasty thing this weekend. Homemade granola bars with only 5 ingredients. I got the recipe from minimalist baker and was sold as soon as I saw peanut butter on the ingredient list. I enjoyed making them so I thought I’d post a few photos to whet you appetite. There were a couple of ingredients I hadn’t eaten in a long time. Dates — because I never know what to put them in…
And whole almonds…
The recipe was really simple. Purée the dates until they are gloopy with a few chunks. Chopping them into small pieces would work just as well.
Toast the oats and mix the dry ingredients together.
Then melt the peanut butter and honey together, pour into the dry ingredients and mix. It’s definitely worth licking the spoon, it makes washing up easier afterall.
Put in a dish and press down to form a firm layer of granola then chill for around 20 minutes.
Then cut up and scoff. These slices are crunchy, chewy, sweet but slightly savoury and very moreish. I know what you’re thinking, it looks like bird food. They do but they’re also very tasty. Although, if you hung one out your window I wreckon you might attract a bird or two.
For the full recipe, ingredients and lovely photos, view the Minimalist Bakers recipe for healthy 5 ingredient granola bars.
Other healthy, tasty snack recipes
- Honey and peanut butter breakfast bars by Helvetia Handmade – like the idea of adding zest from citrus fruit
- No bake chewy granola bars by My Kitchen Escapades – I love that these contain naughty things like chocolate chips
- Healthy no-bake cookies by Two Peas and Their Pod – these look so chocolatey and delicious!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola Bars by One Indredient Chef – what else can I say!?
- Berry bliss oat squares by oh she glows – nice and fruity