This packaging project was originally a piece of self promotion (involving mustard!), but I decided to tweak the design and add it to my side projects as regular mustard packaging.
Experimenting with lettering styles for ‘Mustard’.
I incorporated the curves of mustard spoons by adding small spoon shaped nodes to the centre of each letter.
Once I was happy with the overall look of the type I worked each letter up individually with an ink pen. These letters would then be traced into Illustrator to form the final ‘Mustard’ type.
Typography for the back of the jar as also developed by hand.
The illustration for the label was based on mustard plants. The mustard seeds give wholegrain mustard it’s coarse texture, so I decided these should replace the flower petals.
And that’s the making of the mustard…